Tuesday 14 April 2009

Phil Spector


Guilty of murder: Music legend Phil Spector faces life for shooting struggling B-movie actress.
Phil Spector was convicted of murder last night after years of getting away with brandishing guns during drunken attacks on defenceless women.
The guilty verdict came six years after the music producer shot B-movie actress Lana Clarkson in the mouth in the foyer of his sprawling California mansion.
It took two trials lasting more than ten and a half months, with the first jury failing to agree a verdict.
I'll not comment, except to say that we all know murder is BAD, and if you do anything at all that is bad, you have to take the consequences.
Time to review this blog. I had intended for it to be fun, but the news is NO fun, and I do not have the time to trawl through and find the more lighthearted articles. So I am having a re-think about that. I would still like to draw a face every day, though.
I have noticed, usually as soon as I post, that there is always something a little skewiff. The trouble with faces is that if you have the slightest deviation, hey, it's a completely different person! And I think that proves I need this excercise. So less haste, more care is in order. Having said that, my aim is also to be looser in my interpretations, as my biggest problem when painting portraits is my inclination to fiddle with every single detail.
Thanks for visiting, don't forget to comment!

No comments: